Position Type: Contractor
ABOUT THE CLINIC
We are currently seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team to add valued psychiatric services to our existing and new mental health clients. Vitality Unleashed Psychology is a heavily booked out psychology clinic with many clients on our waiting list at any given time. Many of these clients are also in need of seeing a psychiatrist. Our clinic provides a high quality service of psychology to people whom live in the Gold Coast and surrounding towns/cities. Our services are primarily provided face-to-face, otherwise Telehealth to those who require same. We have been operating on the Gold Coast since 2014 and have a strong reputation amongst referrers and the community. We have a strong retention base of clients owing to our high quality of service and excellent systems and processes. Additionally, our clinic was newly renovated January 2021 to a gorgeous fresh atmosphere that is a pleasure to be in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full registration as a Psychiatrist with AHPRA
- Eligibility for a Medicare provider number
- Experience in providing psychiatric services to mental health clients (children, adolescents, and adults) including assessment, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of mental disorders. This will include review of existing prescribed medications and provide recommendations for medications for therapeutic benefit
- Experience and eligibility in completing Mental Health Care Plans, Eating Disorder Management Plans and associated Reviews as required by Medicare
- Review and completion of Medical Certificates as indicated for the clients such as for WorkCover, general employment etc
- Participation in team meetings including client reviews
- Compassionate and empathetic nature with a genuine interest in improving the wellbeing of our clients
- High level written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- High level time management skills and work efficiency
- High level interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated honesty, integrity, and reliability
- Demonstrated high level of ethics
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Willingness to provide Telehealth consultations as required by clients
- Commitment to on-going professional development in the areas that support our clients
- Hold an ABN or eligibility to apply for an ABN
- Current or ability to apply for Malpractice and Professional Indemnity Insurance with adequate level of cover
Benefits we provide
Remuneration will be discussed in detail to applicants following genuine expressed interest in the position.
If you are interested in joining the team at Vitality Unleashed Psychology, we would absolutely love to hear from you!
To apply, simply complete our online application form by going to the ‘Apply Now’ section, and upload your current Cover Letter and Resume.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact us today on 07 5574 3888 or email email@example.com