Vitality Unleashed Psychology operates a cancellation policy for all appointments scheduled with our practice. Re-scheduling or cancellation to an existing scheduled appointment either on the same business day or the business day before scheduled appointment, and non-attendance of a scheduled appointment without notice will strictly incur a cancellation fee. A cancellation fee is payable by the client, regardless of how the cost of the sessions are arranged to be covered (e.g., by WorkCover QLD, Insurance). Vitality Unleash Psychology has the right to deny scheduling of further appointments until outstanding fees are paid and is at the discretion of the principal psychologist. Under exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the principal psychologist, the cancellation fee may be waived.
*Business day refers to between 8:30am-5:00pm. Notification of re-schedule/cancellation of appointment after 5:00pm will be classified as same business day cancellation.
CANCELLATION OF APPOINTMENT AT SHORT NOTICE HAS EFFECT ON:
1. You. Overcoming your presenting psychological difficulties requires commitment to your treatment. Progress simply cannot be made if you do not attend your psychological appointments as scheduled as momentum of treatment is lost.
2. Other clients. There are many clients whom are on a waiting list for an earlier appointment, and these clients are missing out on an earlier appointment they need. With sufficient notice of cancellation, we are able to offer this earlier appointment to them, however without sufficient notice, this is very difficult for us to do.
3. The psychologist. Inadequate notice of change to appointments and non-attendance is disruptive to the psychologist’s time whom has allocated your consultation time to you to help you achieve your treatment goals.
We now provide you extra appointment reminders to help you remember your appointment.
3 days prior:
We will send you a courtesy reminder via SMS & E-mail 3 days prior to appointment. You do not need to respond to this reminder if you plan to keep your appointment at this point.
The day before:
We will then send you an SMS to confirm your appointment the day prior to your scheduled appointment requiring you to reply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to confirm your attendance.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you attend your appointment as scheduled, or to provide sufficient notice of change to appointment directly to the practice to avoid cancellation fee.
OTHER REMINDER STRATEGIES:
- On your fridge or bathroom mirror, or somewhere else where you will see this regularly
- In your diary or calendar that you use
- In your phone calendar, and set an alarm reminder for the appointment
- Ensure that your appointment does not conflict with other commitments
|Cancellation Notice Provided||Fee Applied|
|Same business day||$80.00|
|Business day prior||$50.00|
|Non-attendance without notice||$100.00|
Please note that Medicare, Private Health Funds, and Third-Party payers do not cover payment of cancellation fees. All cancellation fees are payable by the client.
To notify us of a change to your appointment as soon as possible by phoning us on 07 5504 7384 during reception hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:30am – 5:00pm (Closed Public Holidays).
We are not open weekends.
**Please do not SMS to cancel/reschedule your appointment
as these will not be responded to, unless a cancelled appointment is in response to SMS confirmation message. Please phone us directly to reschedule – Thank you**
Invoices due will be emailed or posted to your nominated address and payment is required by the due date to avoid the following fees in addition to your original invoiced amount. Further fees include: a) late payment fees and b) debt recovery fees, and are as follows:
Late payment fee: $10.00. This fee will be applied to the outstanding invoice following non-receipt of payment past the due date of invoice.
Debt recovery fee: $15.00. This fee will be applied to the outstanding invoice in addition to the late payment fee should the outstanding invoice remain unpaid and require debt recovery action by an external debt collector.
If you are having difficulty paying your invoice on time, we do offer payment plans that are suitable for your financial situation. Please contact us immediately upon receipt of your invoice to avoid these additional overdue account fees.